Tumult Hype has a plugin feature called Export Scripts which allows anyone to extend parts the Hype application. Typically this augmented functionality helps with export workflows by automating modifications needed for advertising systems like Google Ads, Sizmek, Adform, and others. Most of these Export Scripts are written in the Python programming language.
Today Apple released the macOS 12.3 update, which unfortunately removes the Python programming language from the operating system. Therefore, Export Scripts written in Python will no longer continue to run out-of-the-box.
To keep your Python-based export scripts working, Tumult is providing a custom installation of Python for you to install called the Python Export Script Enabler along with changes in the Hype v4.1.8 application to utilize it. If you use Export Scripts, you will need to:
- Update to Tumult Hype 4.1.8
- Download and install the PythonExportScriptEnabler.pkg
For more information about this change, please visit the Python Enabler page, or if you are an Export Script developer, please read more detailed documentation on GitHub about how this affects your users.
Tumult Hype 4.1.8 contains a few other fixes as well, and is recommended for everyone to install.
What’s new in Tumult Hype 4.1.8:
- Supports the Python Export Script Enabler to keep export scripts running since Python has been removed from macOS 12.3
- Fixed issue where Chrome would warn about navigator.userAgent deprecation
Tumult Hype 4.1.8 is a free update if you purchased a previous v4 version (Standard or Professional editions). Upgrade discounts are available for previous v1-v3 versions and you can read about what’s new in Tumult Hype 4.1.
v4.x.x -> v4.1.8 Upgrade Instructions:
How to upgrade the Mac App Store version:
- Open the App Store by choosing the Apple > App Store… menu item
- Make sure you are signed in via the Store menu
- Click on your account on the bottom-left of the App Store window (or the Purchases tab on top if on macOS prior to 10.14)
- If you have not already automatically upgraded, press Command-R to refresh and then click the Update button located next to Hype
How to upgrade the Tumult Store direct-download version:
- Open the Hype 4 application
- Choose the Hype > Check for Updates… menu item (if not automatically prompted to update)
- Install the update and relaunch