Tumult Whisk 2.5 is a compatibility and feature update to the lightweight HTML and PHP editor with a live preview. It has been supercharged with the latest macOS tech advancements.
What’s new in Tumult Whisk 2.5:
- Built for Apple Silicon: Tumult Whisk is built as a Universal application that will run natively on Apple Silicon and older Intel-based Macs. Using one of Apple’s new “M1”-based Macs will make your edits snappier. Read more about Whisk’s long and fruitful lifespan on Mac OS.
- Compatible with macOS 11 Big Sur: A new icon, improved color scheme, and many UI tweaks make Tumult Whisk a natural citizen of the newest version of macOS. Don’t worry if you’re not ready to upgrade your system; it still runs great on OS X 10.11 Yosemite and later (10.12+ for the Mac App Store version).
- Source Editor Refinements: Command-slash will toggle line comments, tabbing on a multi-line selection will indent, and there’s a new preference to set the tab width.
- Localization: The app has been translated into German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
- Other Enhancements: there is color swatch opacity, zooming improvements, a save toolbar button, bug fixes, and UI tweaks
v2.5.0 Upgrade Instructions:
How to upgrade the Mac App Store version:
- Open the App Store by choosing the Apple > App Store… menu item
- Make sure you are signed in via the Store menu
- Click on your account on the bottom-left of the App Store window (or the Purchases tab on top if on macOS prior to 10.14)
- If you have not already automatically upgraded, press Command-R to refresh and then click the Update button located next to Whisk
How to upgrade the Tumult Store direct-download version:
- Open the Whisk 2 application
- Choose the Whisk > Check for Updates… menu item (if not automatically prompted to update)
- Install the update and relaunch