We just released a maintenance update to v3, Tumult Hype version 3.6.9. This update fixes a crash on launch when running the macOS 10.15 Catalina public betas, and includes a couple other important fixes. We recommended that everyone still using v3 update immediately.
Tumult Hype v3.6.9 is a free update to v2 and v3 users and requires macOS 10.8 or later. Read the full release notes here.
Because Tumult Hype v4 is the active version, the update instructions are a little bit different than normal for the Mac App Store version of Hype v3. We will be putting v3 in an “up for sale” state that can allow normal or background upgrades periodically. But more likely, you will need to update by deleting your 3.6.8 copy and reinstalling to get 3.6.9 with these steps:
- Move all copies of Hype 3 to the trash
- Open the App Store by going to the Apple menu and selecting App Store
- Make sure you are signed in via the Store menu
- Click on your name in the lower left corner of the main window (macOS 10.14+) or the Purchased tab to see previous purchases
- Find Hype 3 in the list and click the cloud download button to install version 3.6.9
If you purchased direct from our Tumult Store, you can update by following these steps:
- Open Tumult Hype
- Choose the ‘Hype > Check for Updates…’ menu
- Install and relaunch when prompted
- Another update dialog may pop up asking to update to v4. You can choose to ‘Skip this Update’ if you do not want to be asked again