We’re pleased to announce the release of Tumult Hype 1.5! With Adobe recently dropping support for Mobile Flash, Tumult Hype has become a critical tool to making animated content for smartphones and tablets. This version is a major update containing over 30 new features, including:
- Export as iBooks Author widget
- Redesigned animation interface separating element and property keyframe editing
- Element grouping
- Scene zooming
- Element locking and visibility toggles
- Improved Lion support: versions, autosave, and scrolling
- Rulers and guidelines
- “Paste with Animations” for element copying
- Bounce and instant animation timing functions
- Insert “HTML Widget” for arbitrary code/script execution
- New app icon (animator’s lightbox)
We’ve been working hard at this update and there should be something for everyone! Version 1.5 knocks out our top requested features, further elevating it as a mature professional design tool. For more details, please checkout our What’s New In Tumult Hype 1.5 page. We also produced a video showing off 25 Features in 10 Minutes:
Tumult Hype 1.5 is available on the Mac App Store or the Tumult Store for $49.99 USD to new users or as a free upgrade to existing customers.
If you purchased from the Mac App Store, you can update by these steps:
- Open the App Store by going to the Apple menu and selecting App Store
- Make sure you are signed in via the Store menu
- Click the Updates tab at the top of the App Store window
- If you have not already upgraded, it should be listed in the Updates section, and clicking the Update button will install the latest update for free.
If you purchased from our Tumult Store, you can update by these steps:
- Open Tumult Hype
- Choose the ‘Hype > Check for Updates…’ menu
- Install and relaunch when prompted.
We look forward to seeing what you create with Tumult Hype 1.5!